Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Monkey Cake

I can't find the pictures of during the process of the monkey cake. I did this one the same time as the Giraffe cake though and they are VERY similar. For this cake I only used cake and frosting.
Monkey
BUILDING:
Click HERE to see the details of the giraffe cake for help on the head of this cake. The only difference is the ears and the mouth section. The ears are a round pan cut in half and attached with toothpicks. The mouth is the scraps from one of the big bowls. To stack the big bowls I trim the tops to make them flat and this mouth is one of those tops.

Finished Monkey just ignore the 5 yr. olds hand giving bunny ears in the back ground :)

FINISHING:
I frosted it brown and used a caramel frosting for the lighter brown areas then piped the mouth and nostrils. If I did this again I would have attached the ears differently to help them stay closer to the head more securely.

No comments:

Post a Comment